New York-headquartered business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Ubiquity Global Services has expanded its site at the Negros First Cyber Centre (NFCC) Bacolod City. From only 50 employees when it first started its operation at the NFCC in 2014, Ubiquity has grown to at least 1,350 team members, said its president and CEO Matthew Nyren. Of about 10,000 square meters total leasable BPO space at the NFCC, Ubiquity now occupies 3,000 square meters or 40 per cent of the available space. He said the expansion was justifiable because of the availability of quality local talent in the city. Ubiquity is the first, and now the biggest, locator at the provincial government-run facility.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information