To prepare the workforce for the scaling up of the BPO industry with artificial intelligence and automation, the Philippine Software Industry Association (PSIA) and the government are planning to update the higher institutions’ academic curriculum on software and information technology (IT) education. PSIA and Department of Information and Communication Technology underscored the significance of mainstreaming IT and software skills in confronting the challenges of technology. Information and Communication Technology Undersecretary Monchito B. Ibrahim said they are working with the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) to have a specialization focusing on the fundamentals of AI to be approved. Ibrahim said the challenge is allowing schools to be more adaptable to changes in the real world.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information