A USD250m Southeast Asia – United States submarine cable system is expected to further expand the outsourcing industry in Mindanao and create more jobs in the service sector. This was the pronouncement of Peter Maquera, Globe Enterprise Group senior vice president, during the commercial launch of the cable system of Globe Telecom. The construction of the 14,500 SEA-US cable system started about five years ago. It now provides Mindanao a much faster Internet connectivity – between 100 to 400 gigabytes per second. Globe CEO Ernest Cu said the cable system will enable businesses dependent on Internet connectivity to thrive and prosper with world class Internet at cost-efficient rates.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information